How Can Personal Development Change the Country?
What Does Personal Development Have to Do with Changing the Trajectory of a Country?
It is often said that if you do not take care of yourself, you cannot take care of others. That is true. Let’s take that one step further. If you do not take care of yourself, you cannot take the steps necessary to fight the battle of restoring our republic to a representative democracy. It will take people who perform at their best at a time when things matter the most. We did not get to this place over night. We will not get out of this place overnight.
Our country was founded by people who were willing to risk everything they had; some had very little, and some had a lot. STOP! Think about that for a moment. It sounds cliché.
Stop and ask yourself questions like these:
- Are you willing to give up your job if you do not wish to take the vaccine?
- Are you willing to walk into an establishment that requires a mask, without a mask, if you do not believe a mask is required for public health?
- Are you willing to attend a school board meeting if you know that you will be branded a domestic terrorist by the United States Department of Justice and that they will surveille you and possibly arrest you?
- Are you willing to donate your time to become a political figure and subject yourself and your family to the intense scrutiny, lies and abasement that comes with being a public figure?
- Are you willing to join protests knowing that there is a good chance you might get your bank account frozen, get thrown in jail and lose access to your family and livelihood?
This is just a small list of the many acts that you might take that will require an immense amount of courage, if you choose to act. Taking these steps is no small feat. They require in many cases that you are willing to ‘risk’ everything. Just because you risk everything does not mean you will lose everything, but there is always that chance.
Taking a simple step, like working with people in your community to solve local problems, is probably not as risky as what is itemized above. BUT, it will still take courage, stamina and empathy. It will still require you to step out of your comfort zone and take on additional responsibilities. So, what are the consequences of not acting? In the past I would say that the consequences are simply living a life that may not be your ideal. Today, if you do not step up to the plate and at least contribute on some level, I can say with certainty, you will live a life that is not only your less than your ideal, but you and your community will lose most of the freedom and prosperity you currently enjoy.
At the Fifth Principle Learning Cooperative, we are dedicated to bringing order to your corner of a chaos filled world.
We enable people who want to build self-reliant communities. We do this by helping you be your best self. We build servant leaders who empower members to work cooperatively and solve local problems. They share their time and talents and build a financial ecosystem to fund humanitarian, economic, or infrastructure projects.
We are building an army of problem-solving Co-Oppers.
Are you a Co-Opper?
- I enjoy bringing people together to enable self-reliance.
- I want to make a difference in my community.
- I like inspiring people to become their best selves.
- I like learning new things.
- I want to play a part in restoring order to my corner of a chaotic world by solving a problem in my local community.
If you answered one of these with a YES! You are new to the cooperative movement would just like more information. Join Our Movement (link to the Contact Us page)
If you answered two of these with a YES! You may have heard of cooperative but would like to know how cooperatives can benefit you and your community. Schedule a Call (link to the my calendly page) Look at all Calendly links and make sure they link to the Fifth Principle.
If you answered three of these with a YES! You are ready to wade in to the pool and see if you can pull this off. Sign Up to Join Our Cooperative Army (link to the pricing section)
If you answered four of these with a YES! You are ready to define a plan and test it out. Let’s Get the Ball Rolling (link to the section that talks about our price guarantee)
If you answered ALL of these with a YES! Let’s put you on the fast track to success! Learn More (link to the pricing section)
One of our country’s most important freedoms is that of free speech.
Agree with this essay? Disagree? Join the debate by writing to DailyClout HERE.