The Week In Congress: May 20-24, 2019
First up, Congress introduced 9 bills designed to support our vets in suicide prevention, better compensation for vets with disabilities, and make the transition home smoother. Here are all nine bills:
- H.R. 2359 – Whole Veteran Act (Rep. Lamb – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 1947 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to exempt transfers of funds from Federal agencies to the Department of Veterans Affairs for nonprofit corporations established under subchapter IV of chapter 73 of such title from certain provisions of the Economy Act, as amended (Rep. Roe – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 1812 – Vet Center Eligibility Expansion Act
- H.R. 2326 – Navy Seal Chief Petty Officer William “Bill” Mulder (Ret.) Transition Improvement Act of 2019 (Rep. Levin (CA) – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 2333 – Support for Suicide Prevention Coordinators Act (Rep. Brindisi – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 2340 – FIGHT Veteran Suicide Act (Rep. Rose (NY) – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 1200 – Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-living Adjustment Act of 2019 (Rep. Luria – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 2372 – Veterans’ Care Quality Transparency Act (Rep. Underwood – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 2045 – Veterans’ Education, Transition, and Opportunity Prioritization Plan Act of 2019 (Rep. Wenstrup – Veterans’ Affairs)
Next, new bill HR 3027 addresses the failure of public service student loan forgiveness programs. We share some of our 2020 candidates proposals too.
Lastly, Congress modified the tax code, making minor changes to your savings accounts and retirement savings plans. Watch our recap of Congress’s actions to see how!