“FIVE FREEDOMS” – BULLETIN BOARD: Massachusetts Medical Freedom Senate Bill Is Moving!
4/14 UPDATE: Massachusetts Medical Freedom Senate Bill is moving!
UPDATE!!! The Massachusetts Medical Freedom Senate Bill is moving!!!! The bill has been assigned to the Joint Committee on the Judiciary and is now numbered S.1122 https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/S1122
We urgently need to secure meetings with every member of the judiciary committee. If your legislator is a member of the judiciary committee please reach out to them and set up a meeting. A few members of our committee will be available to attend with you. For a template and instructions on how to request meeting go here. https://healthrightsma.org/how-to-request-a-meeting-with-your-state-legislators/
The house bill, cosponsor by Sheila Harrington is still awaiting language so for now we will focus on the Senate version.
If you legislators is not on this committee we’d still love a meeting with them. We want to talk to every legislator if possible. And please call or write them as well. It’s really so important that they hear a groundswell of support from their own constituents.
Find your legislators here: https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator
Joint Committee on the Judiciary
James B. EldridgeChair
Eric P. LesserVice Chair
Cynthia Stone Creem
John C. Velis
Patrick M. O’Connor (Ranking Minority)
Michael S. Day
Susannah M. Whipps
Colleen M. Garry
Brandy Fluker Oakley
Adam J. Scanlon
Jay D. Livingstone
Sheila C. Harrington (Ranking Minority)
Alyson M. Sullivan
We urgently need your help! Calling is best, emailing is great too. Please do as many of the 5 ACTIONS ITEMS as you can.
- Senator Patrick O’Connor filed the bill for us in the Senate but has not yet marked himself as Sponsor. Please call his office, no matter what district you are in, and urge him to SPONSOR1122 An Act relative to bodily autonomy and family integrity – a bill to protect your right to make choices about your own health! Patrick.OConnor@masenate.gov (617) 722-1646
- Please reach out to your OWN legislators and ask them to CO_SPONSOR1122 An Act relative to bodily autonomy and family integrity & HD2861 An Act affirming and protecting the constitutional right to personal liberty – bills to protect your right to make choices about your own health. Also ask them CO_SPONSOR HD3195 An Act providing for freedom of commerce and personal travel. You can find your legislators here: https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator. EVEN BETTER: Request a meeting with your lawmakers. Here is how.
- Sheila Harrington filed a bill in the House and has signed on as co-sponsor. This bill is still awaiting final language. Please call her office, no matter what district you are in, and thank herfor sponsoring HD2861 An Act affirming and protecting the constitutional right to personal liberty https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/HD2861 – a bill to protect your right to make choices about your own health. Harrington@mahouse.gov (617) 722-2305
- Please send this website to all your freedom-loving friends. Download and share our printables with your friends and colleagues. (awaiting updated graphics for new bill number)
- We need volunteers! Please reach out if you can help via the contact page.
If you live in Patrick O’Connor or Sheila Harrington’s District it is especially important they hear from their own constituents. If you know anyone living in their districts please reach to them.
Patrick O’Connor – Plymouth and Norfolk — Consisting of the towns of Duxbury, Hingham, Hull, Marshfield, Norwell and Scituate in the county of Plymouth; and the towns of Cohasset and Weymouth in the county of Norfolk.
Sheila Harrington – First Middlesex, Consisting of Ayer: Precinct 1; Ashby; Dunstable; Groton; Pepperell; Townsend.
Join us on Telegram https://t.me/healthrightsMA